'); -->

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Intercourse you Susan B. Komen

I have two brothers - My asshole brother and my idiot brother. My idiot brother is generous to his family and willing to help out his siblings as much as he is able. He came out after many years of marriage and now lives happily with his partner.
Yet...he was a Rick Santorum supporter - granted this was when he still lived in PA around 2003 or so - because Santorum opposed abortion. Never mind that Santorum thought that my Bro, as a gay man, was not deserving of the same civil rights as everyone else. My Bro before his debut was an evangelical christian and while he has left some of that life behind, he is definitely anti-choice.
In any case, he posted on facebook in support of Susan B Komen's decision to not provide cancer screening to Planned Parenthood. This prompted my reaction:
Okay all you people applauding the decision by Susan B. Komen to stop funding BREAST cancer screening via Planned Parenthood. You are willing to risk harm to thousands of people because access to a LEGAL medical procedure offends your "religious" sensibilities. New flash - not all Americans share your views.

What really gets my goat about this is that our mother died from complications from breast cancer and to deny other women that fate because of his obsession with abortion really pisses me off

No comments: