'); -->

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 19, 2012

I got your transvaginal probe right here

This whole thing about forcing women who are considering abortion to get a pelvic ultrasound, really pisses me off.
I've had the procedure twice and it involves sticking a long probe into your cervix. I got to insert it myself, lucky me. Mine were medically necessary. What does penetration with an object without consent sound like to you? Yeah, the same as it sounds to me. And that new bullshit meme about "well, they didn't object to transvaginal insertion when they got themselves in this situation" is totally abhorrent. Having sex is my decision, in this case having something shoved into my vagina against my will is not.
I can't help but wonder if the religious right will be so understanding of Docs who refuse to perform this due to ethical reservations like they do pharmacists who won't supply birth control.

No comments: